Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
How confident are you in facilitating high school counseling small groups?
Do you just feel stuck when it comes to jumping in and getting your small groups off of the ground? What about seeing them through from beginning to end? Are you fearful of the roadblocks you may run into?
Check out Part 1 of 2 High School Counseling Conversations episodes all about facilitating high school counseling small groups.
In Part 1, you’ll hear about 3 practical tips for running your groups with confidence.
Running high school counseling small groups can feel incredibly intimidating depending on your training from grad school, your personality, or the mix of students in your group.
Use these tips to get planning and facilitating high school counseling small groups with confidence! You’ll walk away inspired and motivated!
Be sure to listen to Part 2 for the last 3 tips on facilitating high school counseling small groups!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Examining your background and training around facilitating high school counseling small groups
- Listening to others more than you’re talking or offering your own insights
- Reading the room including being aware of your body language, taking an interest in your group members, and asking follow up questions when needed
- Being okay with silence even in its most awkward moments in order to create a safe and inviting space to process
- Tips 4, 5, and 6 will be covered in Part 2 of “6 Tips for Facilitating High School Counseling Small Groups”
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Free Resource: Stress Management Counseling Activity
- Shop all of Counselor Clique’s small group counseling resources
- Blog Post: 7 Tips for Running Small Groups at the High School Level
- Click here if you’re looking for more podcast episodes and blog posts about small group counseling
- Part 2 of 2: Stay tuned for the second part of this podcast focused on Facilitating High School Counseling Small Groups!
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!