Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Are you new to this whole small groups at the high school level thing? Wondering where to even start?
Here are 3 ideas for starting high school counseling small groups from scratch in your school and other tips for how to avoid the common pitfalls that keep counselors from making them happen.
Starting high school counseling small groups from scratch feels entirely daunting because of things like… “What group counseling activities should I do?” or “What are some small group counseling topics to focus on?” But it doesn’t need to be scary or intimidating! Use these tips to confidently get this valuable part of your program up and running!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Advocating for your role (especially with staff)
- Keeping all parties informed when you’re running and starting high school counseling small groups
- Using data to show that your high school counseling groups (and program as a whole) matters
- Sharing your results and reflecting on what worked well and what didn’t
- Deciding some next steps after you’ve run your small group
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- 4-Day High School Counseling Advocacy Email Challenge: www.counselorclique.com/challenge
- Resource: School Counseling Small Group Data Spreadsheet
- Shop all of Counselor Clique’s small group counseling lesson plans and resources
- Blog Post: 7 Tips for Running Small Groups at the High School Level
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!