Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Let’s jump back into talking all about facilitating small groups in the high school setting!
It’s time to talk strategy with your small group counseling topics, ideas, and services.
If you missed the first part of this extended episode, check out Part 1 of 2 High School Counseling Conversations episodes with the first three tips for facilitating high school counseling small groups.
In Part 2, you’ll catch the last 3 tips for running your groups with confidence and, ultimately, providing more comprehensive counseling services for your students.
Use these tips to get planning and facilitating high school counseling small groups with confidence! You’ll walk away inspired and motivated!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Setting up a predictable structure for you the counselor/facilitator and for your high school students
- Deciding on a framework for each of your groups to make planning and implementing of your small group counseling topics and ideas so much easier
- Managing all different types of personalities as you’re facilitating small group counseling activities for high school students
- Creating positive rapport and equipping students of all personality types to thrive in your group counseling setting
- Strategizing when it comes to picking a co-leader for your group
- Leading seamlessly with your co-leader by establishing expectations and goals from week to week
- If you missed tips 1, 2, and 3, be sure to check out Episode 10 for Part 1 of “6 Tips for Facilitating High School Counseling Small Groups”
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Free Resource: Stress Management Counseling Activity
- Shop all of Counselor Clique’s small group counseling resources
- Blog Post: 7 Tips for Running Small Groups at the High School Level
- Click here if you’re looking for more podcast episodes and blog posts about small group counseling
- Part 1 of 2: Listen to the first part of this podcast focused on Facilitating High School Counseling Small Groups!
- Join my email list, and snag this free Stress Management Coping Spinner
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!