Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Every student wants to be seen and known. Knowing student names is a huge part of making that happen. When you remember a student’s name, you’re developing relational credibility which is a currency like none other! Knowing student names is actually low risk step in making HUGE strides in your classroom management!
Whether your mind is a steel trap for names or you’ve hit your name capacity like me, Episode 12 will leave you inspired to get memorizing your students’ names and use them in your high school counseling classroom lessons!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Considering the things that stop you from getting into high school classrooms
- Assessing your confidence around knowing student names (what’s your self-awareness level?)
- Hitting your student name memorization capacity and what to do about it
- Sneaking a peak at student IDs (no, it’s not cheating!)
- Taking notes on student names
- Incorporating student names in classroom lessons
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Counselor Clique Classroom Lessons: www.counselorclique.com/classroom
- 10 Quick Tips for Remembering Students’ Names
- Join my email list, and snag this free Stress Management Coping Spinner
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!