Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
School counseling advisory councils can feel very daunting and sort of unnecessary if you don’t have one in place yet. You’re probably wondering… “Why is this even important?” or “Is this something worth pursuing when we have at least one hundred other things on our plate?”
Let’s talk through 3 big ideas or address your misconceptions before getting started with an advisory council. How can we combat all roadblocks so that when August rolls around, we are ready to start a school counseling advisory council?
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Advisory Council Idea #1: People are willing to be a part of something that inspires change for the better.
- Advisory Council Idea #2: Stakeholders’ perspectives of your program will change. (That is exciting!)
- Advisory Council Idea #3: Receive constructive criticism with grace, understanding, and humility… then let it drive your program.
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Waitlist for the Clique Collaborative, a high school counseling membership opening August 2022
- Check out this blog post on “3 Reasons You Need to Start a School Counseling Advisory Council“
- Join my email list, and snag this free Stress Management Coping Spinner
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!