Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Call it what you want- a counselor fly in, a counselor outreach program, a college fly in opportunity… you just have to hear about it!
Counselor fly ins are a hidden treasure of the job of a high school counselor!
In this episode, I share what a counselor fly in program is, how to get involved with or invited to one, and what happens once you get there.
I share my experiences with the couple of high school counselor outreach programs that I’ve been a part of and what I loved about them.
Lastly, I share the benefits that overflow back into your everyday work environment once you get back home from your counselor fly in!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Why counselor fly in programs are a hidden treasure of high school counseling professional development opportunities
- Who can and who does attend counselor fly in programs
- How to find out about counselor fly in programs
- How to get your counselor fly in program paid for and planned for you
- Why I was picked for the counselor outreach programs I went on
- What I did when I went to the University of Tampa and Stanford University fly in programs and what our daily schedule looked like
- What benefits you can expect when you return home from a counselor fly in program
- Student fly in programs
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Clique Collaborative (high school counseling membership) Waitlist: www.cliquecollab.com
- Podcast: Episode 37- “A Back to School High School Counselor Pep Talk”
- Podcast: Episode 22- “A Pep Talk for New High School Counselors”
- University of Tampa College Fly In Program
- Stanford Counselor Outreach Program
- Resource: Goal Setting Lesson
- Blog: “How I Hold Productive Senior Meetings as a High School Counselor”
- Blog: “3 Important Things High School Counselors Can Talk About in Senior Meetings”
- Resource: Senior Planning Bundle
- Blog: “4 Benefits of Attending a Counselor Fly In”
- Blog: “7 Things You Need to Know about A Counselor Fly In”
Other Blog Posts + Podcast Episodes You Might Like:
Connect with Lauren:
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!