Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Don’t just stop at academic lessons in the classroom. Dive deeper and bring social-emotional learning to your students… because we all know how important this is for high schoolers!
Use these 3 ideas to get your brain thinking about how to bring social-emotional learning into your high school core curriculum in a way that works for YOU and your students.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Thinking proactively about social-emotional learning in the high school classroom
- Consulting with teachers as a way to find your “in”
- Admitting it’s okay to start small
- Picking a topic you’re excited about and passionate about
- Relying on needs assessment data to push you in the right direction and inform your next steps (similar to small groups!)
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Communicating Feelings and Interacting with Others Classroom Lesson: www.counselorclique.com/feelings
- Link to all Counselor Clique classroom lessons: www.counselorclique.com/classroom
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative
- Join my email list, and snag this free Stress Management Coping Spinner
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!