Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
The ASCA conference is coming up in July in Austin, Texas for school counselors from all over the nation to gather, share, and learn together!
I’ve been to two ASCA conferences in the past, and I’m sharing those experiences in this episode.
I also talk about 5 tips for first-timers or those who just want a refresher about what to expect or what may help make the ASCA conference trip a success!
If you’re still debating going, know that it’s absolutely worth it! I won’t be there this year, but I’m hoping to get there next year!
Be sure to leave a voice memo to get featured in an upcoming episode of High School Counseling Conversations! Click here to leave your message!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Take inventory of the reasons you haven’t gone to an ASCA conference in the past and consider what it would take to get there
- Set some goals if cost or money is the thing that holds you back (save up or ask for funds)
- My experience at the ASCA conference in New Orleans in 2016
- My experience at the ASCA conference in Denver in 2017
- My dreams of attending 2023’s ASCA conference in Atlanta
- Ask for conference money and ask for it early
- Be prepared when you propose receiving funding with an advocacy letter and the right forms filled out
- Pack correctly for the trip and know what to wear
- Share what you learned with your counselor friends who you also attended different sessions
- Download the ASCA conference app
- Bring a phone charger or extra battery pack during the conference days
- Talk to other counselors before and after your sessions
- Connect with and make new friends at the conference
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Leave a voice memo to be featured on the podcast!
- Blog Post: First Time Going to ASCA? 5 Tips for the First-Timer
- Blog Post: 4 Ways to Find Money for Your Professional Development Opportunities
- Freebie: Data Collection Ideas Guide
Other Blog Posts You Might Like:
Connect with Lauren:
- Join my email list and grab these sample interview questions!
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!