Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
In Episode 3 of High School Counseling Conversations, we talk about 3 practical ways to focus on resetting your admin relationships or establish a direction with your school administrators as you head into the new year.
When school counselors and administrators (whether it be principals or assistant principals) work together, they can move mountains! As you continue a healthy, open dialogue with your administrators, you’ll find yourself growing professionally and loving your job the way that you should!
Instead of being discouraged as you head into a new semester, tend to one of the most powerful relationships in your school building… the school counselor/administrator relationship!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Resetting your admin relationships as you move into the new year
- Reestablishing your expectations about your individual roles in the school building
- Revisiting your goals that you set at the beginning of the year (or making some if you still need to)
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- Resource: School Counselor Beginning of the Year Presentation
- Resource: Annual Administrative Conference Template from ASCA
- Blog post: “4 Ways to Find Money for Your Professional Development Opportunities”
- Request to join the High School Counselor Collaborative Pop-Up Facebook Group which opens January 11
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!