Here’s What to Expect In This Episode:
You’re in the right place if you’re looking for some short and sweet time management tips and a pep talk about your time management.
These tips will be some of your baseline needs to get your head above water to quit drowning and get to a place where you can function and even get ahead to call the shots during your day!
What if you could be more efficient in your workday and then, therefore, be more effective in serving your students, families, and school with your role?
Listen to this week’s episode to hear about 3 ways that committing to using your calendar can help you OWN your time management and advocate for your role.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- What qualifies me to talk on time management (hint: it’s not what you think)
- Why your calendar is the hidden secret to letting you call the shots throughout your day
- How your calendar will start to become a passive advocacy tool if you let it
- 3 benefits to using a digital calendar over a paper calendar (but it’s fine, you can still choose what’s best for your time management!)
- My home life and work life calendar preferences that best suit my time management needs
- Why sharing a department calendar can give you credibility with your stakeholders
- How and why to set up an appointment system for students and parents
- Why automating appointments saves EVERYONE time
- How your calendar can help you prioritize what matters and love your job more
- Why keeping a calendar can start bringing eye-opening data to the surface that’s worth evaluating and sharing
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Blog: Taking Back Your Calendar: 3 Tips to Prioritize Your Job and Advocate for Your Role
- Blog: 5 Ways to Use Your Calendar to Position Yourself as an Energized High School Counselor
- Leave a message with your spooky school counseling story! www.counselorclique.com/spooky
- Freebie: High School Counseling Data Collection Ideas Guide
Other Blog Posts + Articles You Might Like:
- Blog: Personal and Professional Reflections: Practicing Self-Care to Fully Recharge as a High School Counselor
- Podcast Episode 27- Ideas for Changing Your High School Counselor Mindset (Especially When You Feel Tired and Stuck)
- If gifts are your love language, consider signing up for a subscription to the Teacher Care Crate with my affiliate link- you’ll get a fun box of educator surprises mailed to you each month!
Be Featured in an Upcoming Episode:
I want to hear your SPOOKIEST counseling story: the one that makes you shudder to remember or makes you want to roll over in your grave of embarrassment.
It probably was a horror story THEN but maybe you’re ready to laugh about it now.
It could be a story so legendary that we wouldn’t believe it ourselves.
You don’t have to tell us who you are… just give us a 30-second story that will make us laugh and think… glad that wasn’t me.
All submissions will be kept anonymous!
Connect with Lauren:
- Record your spooky school counseling story: www.counselorclique.com/spooky
- Join my email list and get the free Data Collection Ideas Guide for High School Counselors
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram: @counselorclique
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!
Looking for all episodes? Click here!