Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
Are you a veteran high school counselor looking for some refreshment and respite as you head into the summer? Listen to this episode for some suggestions on how to change your high school counselor mindset if you’re tired and stuck!
Reset your high school counselor mindset and look for new inspiration to get yourself in the right headspace to serve your students next year.
In this episode, I’ll give you a couple of places to consider leaning in to examine and make some slight changes to see big results!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Consider your starting point for changing your mindset
- Understand your season and where you are right now
- Recognize the need for a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset in your work world
- Change up your physical space at work
- Shake up your routine and order
- Try something new that brings you joy (or may potentially bring you joy once you try it)
- Listen to a PD or training on a topic that lights you up
- Consider doing a deep dive on a professional topic you’re interested in
- Apply to present on a school counseling topic locally or nationally
- Look for new inspiration around every corner to bring life back to your high school counseling role
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Other Blog Posts + Podcast Episodes You Might Like:
- Blog: 4 Ways to Find New Inspiration in Your High School Counseling Role
- Podcast: Episode 2- Resetting Yourself in the New Year
- Podcast: Episode 23- Work/Life Balance for High School Counselors
- Blog: Practicing Self-Care to Fully Recharge as a High School Counselor
- Blog: The 5 Myths You’re Believing About Work Email Causing You to Fail at Self-Care
- Podcast: Episode 5- Resetting Your Surroundings in the New Year
Connect with Lauren:
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!