Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
It’s time to get strategic about the key stakeholders around your advisory council table.
In Part 2 of 2 episodes, I cover 5 more people to consider inviting to your committee meeting.
I don’t want you to forget to invite some very specific people who can contribute invaluable insight as you seek value and input for your school counseling program.
Don’t pass up this opportunity to invite the right people to share their opinions about your school counseling services!
If you need convincing of why to be considering an advisory council to even begin with… be sure to go back and listen to Episode 16 where we discussed the benefits that a school counseling advisory council can offer your program.
Spend some time beginning your list in a Google Doc or a note in your phone. Send me a DM on Instagram, and let me know what new ideas you took away from this episode!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Why you want to make sure parent perspectives are heard in your advisory council
- A success story from picking “the right” parent to have on our advisory council as a key stakeholder
- Why a higher level district employee or supervisor can offer an aerial perspective
- How reaching (new) business partners can be the start of long-lasting relationships for your program and key stakeholders you don’t want to leave off the list
- How each counselor on your team can and should play an important role in the actual advisory council meeting day
- Who to consider as extra unique key stakeholders for your meetings
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
- 10 Key Stakeholders to Invite to Your School Counseling Advisory Council- Part 1 (Episode 17)
- 3 Ideas to Consider Before Starting a School Counseling Advisory Council (Podcast, Episode 16)
- ASCA Article about Advisory Councils
- Waitlist for the Clique Collaborative, a high school counseling membership opening August 2022
- Student Ambassadors Group
- 4 Ways to Find Money for Your Professional Development Opportunities (Blog Post)
- 3 Reasons You Need to Start a School Counseling Advisory Council (Blog Post)
- Join my email list, and snag this free Stress Management Coping Spinner
- Visit my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative high school counselor membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!