Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
This week’s episode is all about getting money for professional development… specifically what I’ve learned and how I’d recommend going about getting that money for professional development opportunities.
I’ve had all different responses to my personal asks for professional funding for a variety of ways to grow myself and my practice as a high school counselor. Those responses didn’t stop me from asking time and time again.
Listen for my strategies to get the money you want for the PD opportunities you need!
Enter the Giveaway!
- Screenshot your favorite episode of “How to Kick-Start Your Year as a High School Counselor” — a private podcast full of actionable, back-to-school tips
- Share it on your Instagram story
- Tag me, @counselorclique, on the story
- Tune in to see if you’re the winner of a Counselor Clique® Rctic Mug on Tuesday, August 2!
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Announcement for a big counselor sale (happening the week that this episode goes live, July 18-21!)
- How to increase your confidence in asking for PD money
- How to get your admin to say “YES!” to your ask for the money for professional development opportunities
- Laying the foundation for all future asks for your program (monetary and beyond)
- When to ask for the financial support
- How to best prepare for the ask or request and look professional while doing it
- Why highlighting the benefits of the training or PD could be the game changer in all of this
- What to put in your justification letter to your administrator
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Shop the Counselors of TpT Summer Sale: search the hashtag #counselorsale on TPT or click here- bit.ly/counselorsale
- Shop 4 resources on sale in my store every day this week: www. counselorclique.com/july
- Podcast: Episode 30- Where to Look for Relevant High School Counseling Professional Development
- Blog: 4 Places to Find Relevant School Counseling Professional Development
- Blog: 4 Ways to Find Money for Your Professional Development Opportunities
- Send a DM: Send me a message to ask for the advocacy letter and PDF to give to your admin for the Clique Collaborative
Other Blog Posts + Podcast Episodes You Might Like:
- Podcast: Episode 30- Where to Find Relevant High School Counseling Professional Development
- Podcast: Episode 29- How to Invest in Yourself as a High School Counselor So That You Make a Lasting Impact on Students
- Podcast: Episode 28- Why You Shouldn’t Discount a High School Counselor Community
- Podcast: Episode 27- Ideas for Changing Your High School Counselor Mindset (Especially When You Feel Tired and Stuck)
- Blog: 3 Unassuming Ways to Invest in Your School Counseling Program So That Your Students Will Grow
- Blog: 4 Ways to Find New Inspiration in Your High School Counseling Role
Connect with Lauren:
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!