Here’s What to Expect In This Episode:
Start with YOURSELF when deciding how you’re going to make the most impact on your students!
Most of us would acknowledge that “impact” is one of the biggest outcomes we value in being a school counselor. We want to see students grow as a result of the services our school counseling program provides.
In this episode, you’ll consider YOUR “WHY” and decide where you need to move in order to make that lasting impact with your students.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Recognizing the potential impact we can have that we carry/our school counseling program carries in our school
- Noticing your own perspective on your own growth- Is it something you want? Is it something you want to pursue?
- Evaluating the cost at which growth comes (what you give up in order to grow and learn)
- Why taking risks doesn’t always equal failure
- How taking risks can lead the charge and instill confidence in your program
- Why risk-taking might be the key to getting others on board with you
- Broadcasting your glows and grows with the “right” people including stakeholders, administrators, and staff
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Resource: Games, Mixers, and Ice Breakers
- Podcast: Episodes 16-19- Advisory Councils
- Blog: 3 Reasons You Need to Start A School Counseling Advisory Council
- Free, Private Podcast: “How to Kick-Start Your Year as a High School Counselor”
Other Blog Posts + Podcast Episodes You Might Like:
- Podcast: Episode 28- Why You Shouldn’t Discount a High School Counselor Community
- Podcast: Episode 27- Ideas for Changing Your High School Counselor Mindset (Especially When You Feel Tired and Stuck)
- Blog: 3 Unassuming Ways to Invest in Your School Counseling Program So That Your Students Will Grow
- Blog: 4 Ways to Find New Inspiration in Your High School Counseling Role
- Podcast: Episode 23- Work/Life Balance for High School Counselors
- Podcast: Episode 5- Resetting Your Surroundings in the New Year
- If gifts are your love language, consider signing up for a subscription to the Teacher Care Crate with my affiliate link- you’ll get a fun box of educator surprises mailed to you each month!
Connect with Lauren:
- Subscribe to the private podcast to ready your high-school-counselor-self for back-to-school season!
- Shop my TpT store
- Send me a DM on Instagram: @counselorclique
- Follow me on Facebook
- Send me an email
- Get on the waitlist for the Clique Collaborative, a high school counseling membership
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!
Looking for all episodes? Click here!