Here's What to Expect In This Episode:
This episode is all about why you shouldn’t dismiss or disregard the importance of high school counselor community!
As humans who naturally desire connection, we shouldn’t miss out on community in our work sector of life!
Listen to this episode if you’re looking for high school counselor community to fill a need you might not even be realizing that you have. We’re wired for belonging and built for relationships… so why not lean into that in your work life like you do in your personal life?
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Recognizing the importance of connection that we feel as humans
- Turning inward to discover if your needs for connection are being met at work and how
- Discovering what authenticity in a counselor community could mean for your growth
- Using other counselors as a sounding board for your ideas, your concerns, and your camaraderie
- Deciding who are “your people” who you’ll call on when you need help consulting over a situation
- Pushing yourself towards professional growth and self-awareness
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Pop Up Facebook Group: “Kick-Start Your Year as a High School Counselor”
- Resource: Career Scenario Cards
- Blog: 3 Practical Reasons You Need a High School Counselor Community
- Free, Private Podcast: “How to Kick-Start Your Year as a High School Counselor”
Other Blog Posts + Podcast Episodes You Might Like:
- Podcast: Episode 27- Ideas for Changing Your High School Counselor Mindset (Especially When You Feel Tired and Stuck)
- Blog: 3 Unassuming Ways to Invest in Your School Counseling Program So That Your Students Will Grow
- Blog: 4 Ways to Find New Inspiration in Your High School Counseling Role
- Podcast: Episode 2- Resetting Yourself in the New Year
- Podcast: Episode 23- Work/Life Balance for High School Counselors
- Blog: Practicing Self-Care to Fully Recharge as a High School Counselor
- Blog: The 5 Myths You’re Believing About Work Email Causing You to Fail at Self-Care
- Podcast: Episode 5- Resetting Your Surroundings in the New Year
Connect with Lauren:
Cheers + Happy Listening!
Like what you’re hearing? Follow and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps other high school counseling friends find it!
Can’t contain your excitement? Share the pod! Tell a friend! Your word-of-mouth referrals mean the world to me!